The following downloadable forms relate to the nursing and midwifery professions. Where indicated, some forms also have online submission options.
Renewal of registration
Online application for renewal of registration opens six to eight weeks before your registration expires. AHPRA will send you a reminder when your registration is due. Look out for this as confirmation that online renewal is open.
If you do not renew your general or non-practising registration by 31 May each year, or within the following one month late period, your name will be removed from the national register of practitioners and your registration will lapse in accordance with the National Law.
Form ASGR-40, for general registration as a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Registered Midwife, is for use by students of Australian academic institutions who are completing their studies and who have never been registered or practiced as a health practitioner in Australia or overseas.
All other applicants should use the appropriate form below.
- Application for general registration as a nurse or midwife - AGEN-40 (1.53 MB,PDF)
- Application for general registration as an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or midwife (for internationally qualified nurses and midwives) - AGOS-40 (1.35 MB,PDF)
- Application for general registration for internationally qualified nurses and midwives who have successfully completed an NMBA-approved bridging program - AGBP-40 (927 KB,PDF)
- Application for general registration as an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or midwife (for current non-practising registrants) - AGNP-40 (737 KB,PDF)
- Application for Trans-Tasman mutual recognition as a registered nurse, enrolled nurse or midwife - ATMR-40 (519 KB,PDF)
- Application for review of conditions or undertakings by enrolled nurse, registered nurse, midwife or student - ARCD-40 (278 KB,PDF)
Online general registration for graduates
The online application for general registration as an Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife, is for use by students of Australian academic institutions who are completing their studies and who have never been registered or practiced as a health practitioner in Australia or overseas.
Please click here to apply online.
On completion of an online application, the graduate is required to send to AHPRA, supporting documentation along with the Graduate Online Application Next Steps Checklist that is emailed to the applicant on completion of the graduate online application process.
The supporting documentation includes providing evidence of the graduate’s English language skills. The graduate must complete the TELG-40 - English language skills requirements form below.
Students that have never been registered or practiced as a health practitioner in Australia or overseas and graduate from a NMBA approved program of study prior to 30 March 2012, may be eligible for registration in accordance with the National Board’s transitional provisions. For further information, please refer to the Fact Sheet and FAQs for English Language Skills.
Surrender of registration
Information about supporting documents required for registration is provided below.
Common application forms
See Common Application Forms for a complete list of forms that are not specific to the actual registration process.
To notify AHPRA about your concerns regarding a health practitioner, go to Make a Notification.