Registration standards define the requirements that applicants, registrants or students need to meet to be registered. The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia has developed the following registration standards:
- Nursing and Midwifery Continuing Professional Development Registration Standard (300 KB,PDF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Criminal History Registration Standard (301 KB,PDF)
- Nursing and Midwifery English Language Skills Registration Standard effective 19 Sept 2011 (288 KB,PDF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Professional Indemnity Insurance Arrangements Registration Standard (258 KB,PDF)
The National Board has also developed the following supplementary documents:
- Nursing and Midwifery Recency of Practice Registration Standard (203 KB,PDF)
- Nursing and Midwifery Endorsement nurse practitioners Registration Standard (206 KB,PDF)
- Registration Standard for Endorsement for Scheduled Medicines for Midwives (307 KB,PDF)
- Eligible midwife registration standard (187 KB,PDF), Word version (702 KB,DOCX). (Note: this Eligible midwife registration standard has been revised in August 2013 to reflect date change in existing provision)
- Nursing and Midwifery Endorsement scheduled medicines Registered Nurses Registration Standard (205 KB,PDF)
More information relating to registration standards, including English language skills, continuing professional development and recency of practice, is available in FAQ and fact sheets on the National Board website.
Planned Maintenance: Maintenance is being performed on the AHPRA website on 15/12/2013 between 8:00am and 1:00pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)). Online services, password resets and online documents will be unavailable during this time. We apologise for the inconvenience.